We had a great Christmas this year.
My mom came down from St. George on Christmas Eve.
We spent the day making, eating and delivering treats,
watching Christmas movies and wrapping presents.
I made an Apricot Cranberry Pork Loin for dinner,
then we opened our Christmas Eve presents
(pajamas and books -
Hayden got "The Night Before Christmas", and "The 1st Christmas")
We read Hayden's new books to her.
then we watched Polar Express and went to bed.
Then on Christmas day we woke up and opened presents.
Hayden was so cute and mostly just wanted to eat the paper and the bows.
Hayden opening her first present.
Hayden trying to decide whether to play with her toy or the bow.
The bow wins!
She got a beautiful rocking horse from her Nana Jan, and even though she isn't
big enough for it yet, we put her up on it for a bit and she loved it.
Ryan got a "History of the Church" bookset, and I got a new set of pans.
We just hung around and watched movies all day until my sister Sadie got to town
with her boyfriend Quinn.
When they got here we did our Christmas stockings and opened presents with them.
played some games and the day was done.
I love Christmas so much and every year I am a freak about everything Christmas.
But for some reason this year I haven't been fully enveloped in the Christmas spirit, and it makes me so sad. I am so sad that Christmas is already over and I didn't feel like I got to enjoy it until Christmas Eve, so it was a short Christmas season for me, but a wonderful one.
And it just makes me even more excited for next Christmas.





5 comments:
Hey Britt how are you? I am so excited I found your blog! Now we can keep in touch a little more than once a year!! Looks like you guys had a fun christmas. Your little Hayden is adorable!! Email me your email address so I can invite you to my blog jesroc777@yahoo.com. Talk to you soon!
Jessica
What a fun Christmas! Their first one is the best, all you care about is their reaction to everything and you can't take your eyes off of them! Hayden is such a cutie! The treats you dropped off were yummy!
I'm glad you guys had a good Christmas. We loved that Town Square Santa. He looks like he was great with Hayden.
Britta you are the best at creating special days! I love how you always do the little things to make good memories
Your tree looks great, and I love Hayden's skirt. Thanks for the Christmas goodies you left!
Post a Comment