CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Thursday, July 8, 2010

Introspectively . . . June

Finally got a new couch.
We are LOVING it! It calls to me everyday during nap time.


I LOVE summer rain.
Nothing like running around in a raincoat, a diaper, and flip-flops.
Splashing in puddles and getting soaked,
all while staying warm.


What I hate about summer rain . . .
In Michigan it means tornadoes! Yikes!
Luckily I still haven't seen one.


We are enjoying the sites, sounds, tastes and smells of summer!


This guy LOVES watermelon.


and anything else you put in his mouth.


This girl LOVES swimming in her pool.
She wakes up most mornings and after breakfast,
grabs her swim suit, puts on her flip-flops, gathers her pool toys,
and follows me around pulling on my legs,
"wah-wah, Mamma, wah-wah"


Did I mention this girl LOVES watermelon too?


Warming up and hydrating after a day of swimming.
They are always so relaxed and snuggly when we come in.


Teething in the name of the game for this guy.


On rough days,
I sit him in the laundry basket, fill it with toys
and pull him around with me everywhere I go.


He seems to be nearing the end of the "separation anxiety" phase.
Hopefully.

I walked out into the living room the other day to witness this:


She has on her apron, her jewelry, her purse on her shoulder (and just took off her sunglasses).
She has the small baby in the seat of her grocery cart, and the big baby in the cart.
She even had a burp towel laid over the handle (just like I do).


Funny how life as a stay at home Mom can seem monotonous, demanding, frustrating and difficult at times.


And seeing that it is exactly what this little girl pretends to be
reminds me of all the fun, joy, and rewards
I get from being able to stay home everyday with these two cuties.

Thanks for the reminder Hayden.
You will be a great Momma someday!

1 comments:

Emily B said...

I like how you pull the baby around in the laundry basket wiht his toys. I think I'll try that with my next baby. And happy birthday to Hayden. She is still such a doll face.