CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Monday, April 27, 2009

Wow! I am a slacker.

Yes, Yes, Yes I know it has been way too long since I have actually posted a real blog about what has been going on with us.
But life has really been exceptionally busy.

So here goes.

LAW SCHOOL HERE WE COME:
The verdict is in and come August we are heading out to Michigan.
Lansing to be exact.

Where Ryan will finally be embarking on his law school adventure.
The decision came after a lot of thought and comparisons of different places and schools.
But in the end, the offer of a scholarship, and the low cost of living in Michigan made our minds up for us.
Yes, I am terrified to move to a part of the country where I have never been.
Yes, I am going to be lost without my family and friends.
But as the day gets closer and closer I am finding myself more at peace with our big move.
The scariest part for me is trying to figure out financially how this is supposed to work.
If anyone has any advice on where to get loans or other funds please let me know.

ODE TO LIMELIGHT:
As many of you know I have been working at the Limelight salon for the past 3 years.
When I first got out of hair school I went to work at a salon called Salon Viaggio, and I was completely unhappy.
So I went out in search of a new salon.
This time I was very thorough. I went all over town, and checked out what felt like a million salons, and nothing seemed to be the perfect fit.
When I walked into the bright open lobby of Limelight, I immediately felt good about it.
I had never seen any place like it.
As Dana walked me around the salon, all the girls seemed like so much fun,
and I fell in love with the style and the atmosphere.
After bumping into Michelle, and having her confirm for me what a great place it was to work;
I made limelight my home.
I have loved every minute of my life there.
I have grown my talent by watching and learning from the talented girls around me.
I connected with wonderful and loyal clients.
I built up lifelong friendships.
I enjoyed many fun little parties and potlucks.
I brought many hearts to Harry Potter with our Harry Potter Celebration Week.
And so much more.
Limelight has been my home away from home for the last 3 years.
And I am sad to say that last month they closed their doors for good.
Sending me off again in search of a new salon.
I was so sad when I got the news, I didn't even start looking for a few days, mostly because I was just hoping that they would somehow change their minds or tell us it was all a joke.
But as the news sunk in as reality I began my search.
I have made my new home at the Belle Cheveux Salon.
It is very cute, and thankfully I was able to take along a few of my Limelight buddies with me.
(That made the transition much easier).
I am enjoying life at my new salon.
The girls are really great, and the salon is beautiful.
But Limelight will forever hold a special place in my heart,
and I will always remember it and the time that I spent there.

BABY?
Yes it is true.
I am sure that some of you have noticed me, or the lack of me around.
(Due to yummy morning sickness)
I am pregnant again and due November 16th.
(Making me 11 weeks along)
We were so excited to get the news.
With Hayden we tried for 2 years.
and were only successful after we had the help of some fertility drugs.
We always wanted our babies close together
So we wanted to start trying right way, just in case it took a while again.
Luckily this time it happened only 3 months into trying!
We couldn't believe it, and couldn't be happier.
We went in to the Doc about 3 weeks ago.
Our new little one was busy kicking and swimming around.
It is so fun and amazing to see them when they are so little.
It makes being sick all worth it.
I am sick this time, but differently than I was with Hayden.
With her I was sick and puking ALL DAY!
(usually 7-10 times a day)
This time I am keeping it to 1-3 times a day.
Which is much, much better, but
this time by about 11:00 everyday I get a terrible headache that lasts most of the day.
It is awful and it happens EVERYDAY!
I just keep reminding myself how much fun pregnancy is once you get past this beginning part.
And I keep hoping that even though this time it is so different that it will again go away soon.

EASTER FUN:
We had a really great Easter this year.
We started the weekend off on Saturday.
My mom, Sadie and Quinn all came out.
Hayden got a surprise Easter Basket 1st thing in the morning.





Then when Sadie and Quinn got there we did all the Easter Baskets.









Then (due to the Vegas wind) we had an indoor picnic.
(of delicious Marco's deep dish - I highly recommend it.)
While we watched Rustler's Rhapsody.
(A great and classic movie - Also highly recommended.)



Then we dyed Easter Eggs, but skipped the hunt, and just ate them.
Then we said good-bye to our guests.
On Sunday we went over to Henderson, and went to church with Ryan's parents.



His brother Tyler and his family were in town visiting for the holiday too.
After church we enjoyed an amazing Ham dinner with all the fixings.
(except for the funeral potatoes with we forgot about and left in the oven all afternoon)
Played some Rook.
(Of course)
And came home.
We had a great weekend with family and friends.
We are trying to enjoy every minute we can have with them before we go.
It is sad to think that our next 3 Easters we will be out on our own.

15 comments:

Diane Jaggi said...

Yea! So happy for you on all - so many great things to report! So sad I am losing my hair specialist.

Ashlee said...

Oh my goodness Brittany so many changes in your life right now! I had NO idea that you were pregnant, CONGRATULATIONS! That's so exciting, it's fun having them close together!

It'll be such a great experience for you guys in Michigan, although we will all miss you here!

I was wondering where everyone went from Limelight, is Michelle there too? Sorry to hear they closed, I liked it there as well!

I can't wait to take your pictures in a few months!! Hayden is so cute, she looked absolutely adorable at church yesterday in her polka dots, and you guys did a great job speaking!!!

Samye said...

Woohoo!! Congrats on the pregnancy!! That is so exciting that it didn't take long at all this time!! (lucky you!!) And as far as Michigan goes- you guys are going to love it!! WE loved grad school and all the fun things it brought! I am sure you will love the people you get to know up there-new friends are always fun!

Kim said...

sounds like you guys have some exciting events happening. Congratulations on being pregnant. I had to take fertility drugs with Clay too. I hope I get pregnant as fast as you did, thats great. Well good luck with everything.

Jack Attack said...

congrats-baby, law school, everything! did you know you were pregnant when I saw you last?

Alison Carter said...

Congrats Brittany on the pregnancy! I'm glad it happened faster for you the second time around, that's awesome. I'm sure ryan is relieved now that you guys have made a decision on law school too! Lots of exciting stuff for your cute little family!

Samantha Listello said...

I am so happy for you! I am really going to miss you though!

Anonymous said...

That is so awesome! Congrats! I'm so in awe of you, and all that you are accomplishing! You truly are wonder-woman.

kate said...

Congrats Congrats Congrats!

Emily B said...

I have lots to say about this post, so here goes:

That's exciting for you guys to be going off to Law School in Michigan. I think it would be fun to experience a different place for a few years.

I think my sister-in-law works at Belle Cheveau (sp?). She does my hair at her house, so I'm not sure, but that salon sounds familiar. Her name is also Emily Bowman.

Congratulations on the pregnancy! I'm happy that your kids are going to be close just like you wanted them to be.

I would love to babysit Hayden while you're sick. Please let me know if I can ever help you out.

Skeeter said...

I am so excited fo you guys. I am so sad you are leaving. Who will be my new partner???? Baby and a move. If you need any help let me know.

Loved your talk in church!

Jessica said...

Congratulations! That is exciting news for you guys. Sounds like you are going to be pretty busy the next little while. That is so exciting you are expecting, I hope it gets better for you soon! Keep us posted on how things are going for you!!

Lyndy Butler said...

Stupid headaches!! I hate them for you.
I am so excited for all of your new adventures.
Can we threa weekend in Lansing? YOu gotta find some fun stuff for us to do!
So, would it be okay if we all came down friday evening and stayed then came home after we go shopping? We have a bunch of fam stuff on Sat now. I only have like $25 to spend at the baby-swap. Do you think It'd be worth it? Hopefully see you soon! love on hayden for me!

Hibbard Family said...

I am so going to miss you guys... Michigan is so far away, so cold! Youll find new friends so fast, you guys will do great! But I'll still miss you!

Ben & Kirsten said...

Congrats on the pregnancy! We're like 3 weeks apart, which is fun! :) I'm so happy to hear it happened faster for you the second time around. It ended up only taking us 9 months which is far less than your two years, but I still think I'll do what you did and start trying early next time! Anyway, so happy for you!