CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Tuesday, April 6, 2010

Easter 2010


We had such a great Easter this year!
We celebrated all weekend long,
starting Saturday morning off with a visit from the Easter Bunny.

The Baskets:


The Clothes:


And Oh, the CANDY!


And mouth watering fruit snacks!


Some cute little toys for Carter.


And his first Easter book.


Then after a quick breakfast
we got right into dying eggs.


Mostly I dyed them, and then Hayden added LOTS of stickers.


Then we headed out to "Operation: Egg Drop"


Here comes the helicopter to drop all the eggs.


Hayden waiting to go and get her some eggs.
She's got her game face on.


With SO many kids there, and Hayden not being much of an aggressor,
despite the 10,000 eggs dropped she only got ONE!


Lucky for her, a sweet little girl offered Hayden a couple of hers,
so she ended up with 4.


And she was perfectly happy with that.
(Despite the lack of smile, I think she was just trying to figure out what we were doing.)


And her smile became nice and wide when she realized they were full of candy!

Sunday morning we woke up and made some bunny and flower pancakes.


Then we headed outside for Hayden's first Easter Egg hunt.


I'm not sure if she thought these were full of candy too,
or if she really just wanted to eat her eggs.


We made her pose for a picture before eating them though.


But she just couldn't wait.


And let go of her basket for just a second . . .


Oooops!

Once we picked up all the eggs, I showed her how to peel them.


She even shared one with me as a "thank-you".


But the rest were for her.


Luckily she only ate two, and let me have the rest to make deviled eggs with.

Ryan and I were out in the kitchen putting the finishing touches on dinner,
listening to general conference from the other room,
when we look out there and see this.


Hayden pulled her rocking chair right up to the t.v.
and was watching conference
totally capitvated by it.

Later on, we had some friends over to share Easter dinner with us.
Then we finished the night off with
Ryan's traditional "bunny cake"


His Grandpa Hawkes made this "bunny cake"
every year for Easter, and Ryan decided he wanted to carry on the tradition.
I think he did pretty good for his first year,
and YES, he did it all by himself.
Made the cake,
frosted,
and decorated!!!
Didn't he do such a great job?

It was such a fun Easter, especially now that Hayden is starting to figure it all out.
Next year, she will have to fight Carter for the Easter Eggs!

2 comments:

Stephanie said...

Cute pictures! I love your pancakes!

Rebecca said...

Your family is so neat! I can't believe you did so much for Easter! WOW, Hayden is so cute.