. . . and I don't know where the time has gone.



I think that it actually speeds up with each baby.
So, though I feel like he is still a little newborn,
My little man is:
sitting on his own
rolling around
eating anything he can get his chubby little hands on
talking up a storm, with the "ma-mas" "da-das" and most of all the "blah-blahs".
did I mention talking all the time?
Seriously, the kid is such a chatter box.
This picture is such a good one of him because his mouth just seems to be propped open like this ALL DAY LONG.
talk, talk, talk, squeal, laugh, talk, giggle, talk, talk, eat . . . ect.
He is so sweet, and such a happy guy.
MOST days he is content to just sit and play with his toys.
He LOVES toys.
Hayden was never such a toy kid, she still isn't, but THIS guy can't get enough of them.
You would never guess it, but Carter actually has a really cute little wardrobe.
I say you would never guess, because this is how he looks most of the day.
I promise he is wearing a diaper, but clothes just aren't really an option for this guy right now.
He drools SO MUCH that he goes through a few shirts before I finally just leave it off.
And when you are rolling around trying to figure out how to crawl,
pants are just too constricting.
So if you stop by our place near the end of the day,
you'll probably get a glimpse of these nice manbaby boobs, and leg rolls.
To be tickled, kissed, nuzzled, hugged, squeezed.
Staring at/laughing at his sister.
When I sing to him.
Riding in the car.
Eating his veggies.
Sippy cups.
Stacking cups and cone.
Chasing his sister - with a little help from me.
Bathtime.
HE HATES:
Dressing rooms.
Balloons - deathly fearful of the things.
Bottles - still refuses to even look at one.
The sun/wind/rain - maybe I should just say "being outside".

As Carter gets older, he is more aware of everything around him, and so easily distracted.
That I fear some of my favorite little Carter baby moments are nearing their end.
Those little moments that belonged to just the two of us.
Like reaching up and interlacing his tiny fingers with mine while he nurses,
falling asleep together in the glider, or
just gazing endlessly up at me with those big beautiful browns.
I will miss my little baby,
but I am excited to continue to watch this boy grow, develop and learn.
He is so much fun, and I wake up everyday happy that I get to spend it with him.
STATS:
At 6 Month checkup:
20lbs 6 oz. (75%)
27 1/4 inches tall (75%)
Head 18 inches (90%)
We LOVE our big - little Carter!





2 comments:
He's huge!! What a cutie. total mini Ryan I might I add, but I'm sure you get that OFTEN!
How's Michigan treating you guys?
I can't believe how much he looks like Ryan! I remember all of those expressions he makes on Ryan in the good ol' days!! Hope things are well!
Post a Comment