Well another week has passed and I feel like my baby has become a different person.
A few days ago she started getting a little fussy in the evenings.
Then she became more and more fussy, and now it has shifted from fussiness to all out screaming and crying
And the only thing that seems to soothe her is to breastfeed.
(Hence 3 chins, and beautiful cheeks)
So my already sore parts are getting even more sore.
(I guess the good news is that with all the eating she is doing it is really helping my milk supply to come back in more abundance.)
Once I get her calmed down, we can usually put her in her swing and she will sleep and be fine, until she either starts screaming again or we have to wake her up to feed her.
So I feel like I have lost my sweet baby that I could snuggle up to and hold and play with.
Now it is eat, swing, eat, swing, eat, swing, eat, swing, eat, swing, eat, swing, ect.
Yesterday, I couldn't take it anymore so when she was sleeping I pulled her out of the swing to lay with me on the couch . . . big mistake!
It took us hours to calm her down from that one.
The pediatrician says its just colic and that it does't show up sometimes until they are about 2-3 weeks old.
She said to keep feeding her as much as she wants, and stick with what works, in our case the swing.
Please moms, give me some advice, I miss my snuggle time with my sweet baby, what should I do?





15 comments:
Cora was pretty fussy to when she was about that age, I don't think she had colic but she was VERY particular about what she wanted. The only that worked for us was to hold her facing out with our arm against her belly. Also, on a different note. I don't think you should wake her up to have her eat. She will wake up on her own when she is hungry, she's not going to die by going over a couple hours. I would just let her rest peacefully until she wakes up and wants to eat. That's my suggestion but ofcourse you are the mom and can and should do whatever you want! You look beautiful in that one picture in the black shirt.
My William was colicky just at night from 9:00 to 11:00 pm like clockwork. I started swaddling him, and I would hold him against my chest and rock him for those two hours. Sometimes it would calm him, and other times he would scream the whole time. It was really hard. Good luck, Brittany. I hope you find something that works.
Baby's and that gas. I swear! The first bit is hard I think because of their brand new digestive system. I heard of this stuff from a friend and wish I knew about it before. I sure am going to try it with the next baby. She said it worked like a charm. You get it at coliccalm.com
Maybe it will work for your little Hayden and she will become sweet again.
Oh no! Sorry I don't have any advice for you other than hang in there! She's so precious in her pics. I love the chub cheeks, and you of course look AMAZING! :)
May I just start by saying she is so adorable. I love how she cuddles her hands up to her face. As for colic, that is a tough thing. Don't worry though, she will outgrow it, and will grow back to being her sweet self. Just make sure you take plenty of breaks to regain your sanity, and do whatever you have to do to keep her calm. Good luck, and let me know if you need anything. That is the great thing about kids, they always teach us new ways to be patient.
I wish I had some great advice for you! She is adorable though! I just found out I am one of your new visiting teachers! I am excited to visit with you. Good luck with the colic!!!!
I love your sweet little girl. I think your doctor is 100% right just keep doing what ever it is that makes her happy. my only suggestion would be those gas drops they worked for miss layla. Good Luck you are doing a great job with your precious little girl
Hey it's Trista. Phoenix never had Colic but she had thrush which is almost as bad it's like a yeast infection in your mouth. Not sure if you're using a pacifier or not but I had to give her one for that. She also calmed down with the rocking chair you could try that because it's like swinging except you'll get to hold her. Usually when I would rock her I would put my legs up like on the coffee table at an angle and put here there so she's at an angle and has a better view of your face and then I played with her legs. Like moving them up and down. But she never really played very much until about 2 months that's when she started smiling and stuff. Hang in there it'll get better! She's adorable, congrats to you and Ryan!
Check you out mommy! & check out those cheeks on Hayden, so CUTE! She will go back to snuggle time I promise! Hey... side note... we are now Visiting Teaching partners.
have you ever tried rocking her in your arms? or a rocking chair? that way she might get the swing affect and cuddle you.. hmmm. thats tough, goodluck and hang in there!
That's why I loved my sling (or most any baby carrier) with Joshua, who was a very high-needs and fussy baby. He LOVED being in the sling, close to me and the rocking motion. I actually got some stuff done because of the sling!
You're doing a great job, mama. What's most important is letting her know she's loved and being taken care of and you're doing just that.
Oh, and glad to know the milk supply is increasing!
Britt-
Jack screamed for the first 3 MONTHS!!! NONSTOP!! It goes away though. His problem was formula but, try the gas drops they work great!
You guys look like you are having WAY too much fun with your new addition! I'm so SO jealous! She's getting even more beautiful as she gets older!
I wish you the best - just take breaks so you don't go crazy. And ask for help. Good luck!
Britta my lovely. I hope miss Hayden will feel better soon. A chiropractor gave us some advice for sad baby bellies. Work her legs up and down and massage her tummy clockwise. We think it worked for Max when he had bubbles in his tummy. I miss you guys and I will call you soon.
Post a Comment