We took Hayden up to my Mom's house in St. George the weekend of the St. George Marathon.
Every year my Mom's office gets together and hands out towels to the runners as they cross the 26th mile. And we try to go help and share in the experience.
Usually it is beautiful and hot and we pass out towels that are dripping with ice water, but this year it was freezing cold, windy and raining the whole day.
(Luckily we had been planning on spending Sunday up at the cabin and we packed warm clothes)
So we handed out warm, dry towels and the runners definitely appreciated it.

The marathon was extra special for me this year because after over a year and a half of trying to get pregnant and still no baby, I knew I needed something else to look forward too, just in case I went another year with out getting pregnant. So I started training for the St. George marathon. 4 months later I found out that I was pregnant with Hayden, and I couldn't have been happier. But as the marathon was approaching there was a little piece of me that was sad I wouldn't be running. But I think my little Hayden was worth it. And there is always next year.
Let me know if anyone is interested in joining me.
Every year my Mom's office gets together and hands out towels to the runners as they cross the 26th mile. And we try to go help and share in the experience.
Usually it is beautiful and hot and we pass out towels that are dripping with ice water, but this year it was freezing cold, windy and raining the whole day.
(Luckily we had been planning on spending Sunday up at the cabin and we packed warm clothes)
So we handed out warm, dry towels and the runners definitely appreciated it.
The marathon was extra special for me this year because after over a year and a half of trying to get pregnant and still no baby, I knew I needed something else to look forward too, just in case I went another year with out getting pregnant. So I started training for the St. George marathon. 4 months later I found out that I was pregnant with Hayden, and I couldn't have been happier. But as the marathon was approaching there was a little piece of me that was sad I wouldn't be running. But I think my little Hayden was worth it. And there is always next year.
Let me know if anyone is interested in joining me.
After the marathon we went back to my mom's house
where she had planned a BBQ for us and our friends.
We ate, talked, and got all cozy and warmed up.
Getting tired





3 comments:
You guys look so adorable all cuddled up in your rain gear. How refreshing the rain must have felt, it looks like fun change from the sun.
looks like a blast! i wish i would have had a towel at mile 26! :) (it was so cold and raining too!)
You are so nice and supportive for those runners, and yes I think Hayden is definitely worth it!
Post a Comment