I wanted to celebrate his last year in his twenties.
It is so strange to me that next year he will be 30!
Gross!
Just kidding,
but it is strange,
30 used to seem so old and SOOO far a way,
but now it is just 365 days away for Ryan.
But we will worry about that when we get there.
For now he is still my young, spry, 29 year old husband.
We had a pretty typical birthday planned.
Hayden and I made it a traditional birthday sign.
We blew up 29 balloons and decorated the house with them.
We hung cheesy streamers, and just had fun all day.
Then,
finally around 3:00 I called Ryan and asked him to come home already.
We were having fun and celebrating all day without him.
When he walked in the door he starts freaking out.
"What the heck?! What's going on with Carter"
I walk out in the living room and see this
Carter was bleeding blue . . . okay . . . well . . . not bleeding,
but covered in it!
One of my cheesy navy blue streamers had come loose and fallen within reach of this cutie.
and being 6 months old
of course it went right into his mouth resulting in this
A goofy kid who could just not understand why in the world we would take away his delicious streamer!
Sadly,
after this incident the batteries in my camera died and we were having too much fun to go and get some more. :(
We at Ryan's favorite birthday dinner.
(My homemade chicken wings)
And followed it up with a traditional Hunt family chocolate cake - complete with sprinkles.
He opened his presents
(clothes, candy, a cheese slicer, a beautiful picture of the Sacred Grove, and some gift cards/$)
Then the next night we went out and saw Iron Man.
It was a great movie, but I dorkily have to admit that my favorite part was the extended trailer for Eclipse! I highly recommend it.
(even Ryan said he thought it actually looked good!)





0 comments:
Post a Comment