I have come to realize that the older I get the more thrifty I try to be
(especially now with a new baby)
and I must admit that I am becoming quite good at it. But today was the best I have ever done!
The store "Kid to Kid" (which is already a thrifty store) was having a big Labor Day sale.
So I, of course had to be there right when they opened.
The sale was that you get a small bag (about 1/3 the size of a grocery bag) for $10, and you can stuff it as full as you can with anything already on sale in the store.
(especially now with a new baby)
and I must admit that I am becoming quite good at it. But today was the best I have ever done!
The store "Kid to Kid" (which is already a thrifty store) was having a big Labor Day sale.
So I, of course had to be there right when they opened.
The sale was that you get a small bag (about 1/3 the size of a grocery bag) for $10, and you can stuff it as full as you can with anything already on sale in the store.
So I spent about an hour and a half picking out all the cutest stuff then trying to stuff it all into these little bags. I filled two bags and this is what I got:
50 Items stuffed into 2 small bags!
50 Items stuffed into 2 small bags!
23 Dresses
&
9 Outfits including:
5 pair of shorts
4 skirts
2 Onsies
7 Shirts
&
Singles including:
7 Onsies
5 pair of shorts
4 skirts
2 Onsies
7 Shirts
&
Singles including:
7 Onsies
10 Shirts
It's all stuff for Hayden to wear this winter and next summer so it should be perfect!
She was so excited when she saw what a thrifty mom she has.
She was so excited when she saw what a thrifty mom she has.
When I was checking out at the store the checker announced to the entire store that I had gotten 50 items stuffed into two bags.
Which would have totaled $226.62
And I got it for $20.00!!!
By FAR the most all day!
Everyone stared in amazement, and cheered as I left the store with my huge bag of clothes.
Which would have totaled $226.62
And I got it for $20.00!!!
By FAR the most all day!
Everyone stared in amazement, and cheered as I left the store with my huge bag of clothes.





5 comments:
That is definitely something to be proud of! You earned some serious bragging rights today!
That's awesome that everyone cheered for you as you left the store. I thought I was pretty thrifty. You did good!
That's awesome. I'm a huge thrift nerd myself (not that you're a nerd:)). Last year I went to a similar stuff-a-bag-for-$5 sale at Children's Orchard. I got very similar results, 40-something items for Avery and 15-20 for Joshua (much bigger clothes), including some sweaters and jackets, all for $15 in 3 bags.
Hooray for HUGE bargains!
well it would only happen to you! that is for sure!
I love that Hayden sat on the huge pile of clothes!
AWESOME!!! Check you out!
Post a Comment