CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Wednesday, March 31, 2010

I am

I am a wife, and
I know Ryan LOVES me.
I am a Mom, and
I know I mean the WORLD to my babies, and
I am in possession of some of the BEST friends in the world,

but

something happened the other night that got me thinking about
who I am.
or better
what attracts people to me?
and why?

I REMEMBER A TIME WHEN:
I showered often
I shaved each shower
I spent hours getting ready
*make-up
*hair
I paired up trendy cute outfits (are they even still called that?)
I had a cute little body that looked cute in those outfits.

I knew good music, and
I went to awesome shows.

I was goofy, and wild.
I made people laugh.
I was adventurous and spontaneous, and
I came up with fun new stuff to do all the time.

I was easy and fun to talk to.
*or so I was told.


NOW,
I hardly ever change out of my sweats.
I'm usually covered in spit up (even if you can't see it, you can smell it")
I am lucky if I get 3 showers in any given week.

I LOVE going to the gym, but don't have the body to prove it.
I am a good Mom,
I am a good cook, but
I am a lousy housekeeper.

I am lazy.
I am such a planner, that if things don't work out perfectly then
I scratch my plans and stay home.

I am boring.
I love my babies, and
I talk about them . . . a lot.
I think they are practically ALL I talk about.
I am sorry for boring you, with my baby stories.
I seem to have lost myself.

WHY HAVE I LET MYSELF BECOME THIS?
This is NOT who I AM.

Who I REALLY AM.

I am a strong, beautiful, sexy woman.
*and from now on I am going to look it.
*no more air dried frizzy hair,
*no more stained or dirty sweats and t-shirts
*no more saying
"I don't need to get dressed up/wear make-up/do my hair today,
because I am not going anywhere."
I will do it everyday (or at least most) for ME, and no one else.
I will do it, so
I feel good, so
I feel like the strong, beautiful, sexy woman that
I am.

I am more than a Mom and a wife.

I will take care of my babies.
I will teach, nurture, and love them all day, but
I will also MAKE time for myself.
I will read more books,
I will do all the projects that
I have been excited about doing for the last few months, but
I "haven't had the time" to do.

I am going to spend more time working on the things that
I am passionate about.

I am going to go out on more dates with Ryan.
I am so in love with him, and
I want to see him,
I want to be with him.

I am going to be more active.
I LOVE being outside, and
I have let this silly Michigan winter take that away from me, but
I am done, and
I am going outside to play.

I am going to get to know my girlfriends better, and
I am going to make more of them.
I am going to have more "girls' night outs" or "girls' night ins".
I am counting on you Lansing ladies to help me with this.
I am going to talk/Skype more with my besties.
I miss them and want to see them more.

I am going to find myself again.
I miss being me.
I will be me again.

I will be a Mom
I will be a wife
I will be a homemaker
I will be a hairstylist
I will be a member of my Church
I will simply be ME, for ME.

I know this sounds selfish, and maybe it is, but it is what
I need.

Who are YOU?
What do YOU need?
Have YOU lost Yourself?
Why?

4 comments:

Kirsten said...

Yes yes yes..I agree 100%. I think you need to pat yourself on the back though- because you ARE an amazing mom and you inspire lots of other moms, like me! I love reading your blog and I love knowing I'm not the only person who feels a certain way. And I too am guilty about talking about my baby ALL THE TIME. I feel like I have nothing else to say really, and I think that's ok! :-) And don't be too hard on yourself, cold winters make exercise and fun outdoor time VERY hard. You're doing great!!! :-)

Lyndy Butler said...

You are Britta-skitta-bitta!
and I love you so much.

I am sorry that I dont call or comment enough. Know that I want to and I think about you guys often.
I am so grateful to have you and the THrea even though we are so far apart.
I feel like even though we have miles between us we are always on the same wave length.
I love your two kiddos so much.
every photo I see makes me want to squeeze and know them more.
I love your Ryan for you. He is so 100% your match.
Your date night pics are so goofy and totally you guys.
Please can we skype?
Please can we go to American Idol?
Please can we get ourselves back?
I know we can!

Love ya!

kate said...

dude. you're amazing. really.

i was just telling lou, how awesome you are at eating healthy! i need to BE more like that!

i'll say this.. not coming for a mom standpoint, so not sure how valid, but.. you've got to watch out for numero one. you'll be happy, and so will everyone else! :)

Anonymous said...

Yep...feeling the same way.

Especially with the need to get myself ready even though I rarely go anywhere. I have come to the fact that if I take better care of myself, I can take better care of my family-that is why I am off to pluck my eyebrows before Andy gets home! :)